Buckle your seatbelt, because this is the real deal.
At first, you’ll think it’s too good to be true, but let me tell you right now: This is no joke.
Here’s the thing. We are all going to shop for stuff. We’re going to make airline reservations. We’re going to buy holiday presents. We’re going to get dog food or cat food or fish food. We’re going to download music from iTunes. We’re going to get batteries for the remote control or for the garage door opener or for the flashlight we keep in the glove box. And, of all the spending we do each year, we’re going to do 40% of it between now and December 25th!
So, what if we could leverage the spending we’re going to do anyway, and redirect a portion of it to fund an amazing project that will help some of the brilliant and beautiful children living in Haiti? I kid you not.
How? I’m so glad you asked (and, can you tell I’ve been waiting to tell you about this for SUCH a long time?!?!)!
OK. Start here:
Pure Charity has partnered with more than 1,000 (1,000!) retailers! When you shop online and buy stuff, a portion of what you spend goes directly to your Pure Charity giving account and you get to decide how that money gets spent! I know, right?
Now, if you’re like me (and by that, I mean, a bit skeptical), you’re thinking these shops aren’t the shops where you’d normally buy stuff. But wait! Not so fast. Do any of these online spots sound familiar to you?
Apple, ALDO, Petco, Best Buy, DSW, Banana Republic, American Eagle, Ann Taylor, Ann Taylor LOFT, Crocs, Eddie Bauer, Holiday Inn, American Eagle, Enterprise, Marriott, Kohl’s, J. Crew, Charlotte Russe, Pottery Barn, Family Christian Stores, Avenue, Southwest Airlines, 7 For All Mankind, Priceline, Bloomingdale’s, Dillard’s, Petsmart, Groupon, Target, Walmart, Walgreen’s
Exactly! And, that’s not even the tip of the iceberg. We can change the world, simply by shopping online at the places we already shop. Here’s how:
- Sign up for a Pure Charity account. (“Follow” me, and then scroll down to “Get Started” and set up your own account. Following each other means our giving is compounded, and that means we’ll change the world even faster!) If you’re on Facebook, you can sign in through that, or create an account the old fashioned way.
- Install the browser plugin. This will make it so a Pure Charity icon will pop up when you’re browsing particular stores online (like Target, Gap, even Groupon). If you purchase via the pop up, a percentage of your sales will feed into your charitable giving account. (You spend $, then make $, then give $).
- Register your main credit card with Pure Charity. This is the no-brainer part of the process. Every time you use your credit or debit card at one of their participating merchants, you receive a percentage of your purchase into your giving account.
- Now, browse the projects (there are many) that you could potentially fund. BUT (and this is important) please don’t fund a project, yet. Wait until Tuesday, when I’ll share ANOTHER amazing announcement! To start funding (on Tuesday), add your own funds to the account (via bank or debit/credit card).
- Support your favorite project. Be sure to come back on Tuesday to learn more about this. (You can change the amount you support…it starts with $5 increments…by clicking the dollar amount and changing it.) These are time specific projects with a set amount of $. If that project doesn’t fund by the finish date, Pure Charity refunds the money back into your giving account.
- Share it with friends! There’s a strong social connection to this (a good reason to sign in using Facebook), where you can share buttons and widgets with your friends and followers, to generate interest in a cause you’re passionate about.
Will you please open your own Pure Charity account? Will you please tell your friends about Pure Charity? Will you talk about Pure Charity on Facebook and Twitter and wherever else your tribe hangs out?
This is you. This is me. This is us. Changing the world.